Tuesday, April 27, 2010

April 26-27, 2010

We made it safe and sound! We're both extremely tired from lack of sleep, but we were able to explore the city for a few hours this morning. Our room at the hostel wasn't ready yet, so we grabbed some breakfast at a cafe and then started walking. We came upon the Palacio Real de Madrid and decided to check it out. Let's just say the Spanish LOVE to decorate. I've never seen so much gold plating, crown molding and chandeliers in my life! I was unable to take pictures, but I don't think any pictures could do it justice. After exploring the palace and it's wicked armory we walked to a park for a little siesta then grabbed some ice cream before heading back to the hostel. We're keeping it low-key today. I'll post pictures soon when I get on a real computer. This update is brought to you via my iPod and the hostel's free wi-fi.

After nap-time we hit the streets in search of tapas and beer. We found a lot of great outdoor places and enjoyed olives and patatas fritas with Amstel. We visited one of the Museos de Jamon where we had jamon iberico (the best ham in the world) and sangria. We got a little lost looking for nightlife, but it was worth it because Madrid is a beautiful city. Once our bellies were full and we had a nice buzz we went back to the hotel and happily passed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment